Innovation Lab, LLC (“Innovation Lab”) welcomes your participation in the online forums and communities that are made available by Innovation Lab through its online portal located at https://innovationinstitute.brightidea.com (the “Service”), and hopes you will join the discussions that take place on the Service. If you elect to participate in the forums and communities that are made available through the Service, you will be able to interact with, and share your ideas with, other employees, contractors, physicians and researchers (“Participants”) from the organization through which you are accessing the Service (your “Sponsor Organization”) as well as Participants from other organizations involved in Innovation Lab’s programs (each, a “Collaborating Organization”).
By clicking “accept” when you log-in to use the Service, or by otherwise accessing or using the Service using log-in credentials provided to you by your Sponsor Organization, you acknowledge your acceptance of, and agree to be bound by, the terms and conditions included in these Community Guidelines.
If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions in these Community Guidelines, please do not visit, use or contribute to the Service.
1. Rules for Posting. When using the Service, you must follow these guidelines:
Respect everyone. Do not post anything that any other Participants or any customers, clients, business partners, suppliers, vendors, or other stakeholders of your Sponsor Organization would find offensive, including, but not limited to ethnic slurs, sexual innuendos, discriminatory comments, personal attacks, insults, or obscenity. You must also not post any comments or content that could reasonably be perceived as negative posts about another person.
Do not share confidential information. Do not post any information that you do not want to be made available to other Participants, your Sponsor Organization, any Collaborating Organization or Innovation Labs or that otherwise constitutes your confidential information or the confidential information of a third party. This includes, but is not limited to, confidential information relating to legal matters or litigation, financial information of your Sponsor Organization, and future plans or confidential employee or customer information, such as medical, financial, or payroll information. Posting this information could be a violation of your Sponsor Organization’s policies and could also be a violation of federal or state law.
Be honest and write what you know. Be sure that all content or information that you post through the Service or that is otherwise associated with you in connection with the Service is consistent with your work and your Sponsor Organization’s values and policies.
Do not post information that contradicts your Sponsor Organization’s Policies. The policies of your Sponsor Organization are in place to address their regulatory and other concerns and to reduce risk to your Sponsor Organization, other Participants and Collaborating Organizations, and Innovation Labs. If any content or information you wish to post to the Service contradicts or would violate the policies of your Sponsor Organization, you must not post the applicable content or information to the Service. Instead, you should escalate the issue to your manager/supervisor offline so they can escalate to corporate for review and/or handling, as applicable.
Think before you post. If you're about to post content or information on the Service that you think may violate these Community Guidelines, take a minute to review these Community Guidelines and figure out what needs to be changed in order to comply with these Community Guidelines, then ensure that any necessary changes have been made prior to posting the applicable content or information to the Service.
What you write is your responsibility. Participation in the Service is not a right but an opportunity, so Innovation Lab requests that you treat your participation seriously and responsibly.
2. Participant Submissions
A. All comments, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, photographs, materials or other information that you post or otherwise communicate through the Service (collectively, “Submissions”) may be subject to the intellectual property ownership policies that are applicable to you through your association with your Sponsor Organization (the “Sponsor IP Policy”). However, even if the applicable Sponsor IP Policy says something to the contrary, you agree that your Sponsor Organization will exclusively own all rights to each Submission you make through the Service. In order for your Sponsor Organization to secure its ownership rights in your Submissions, you agree to assign, and hereby assign, to your Sponsor Organization your entire right, title and interest in any and all intellectual property rights arising from or relating to your Submissions. By participating in the Service you agree that you are waiving and will not assert any rights in or to any of your Submissions against your Sponsor Organization, any Collaborating Organization, or Innovation Lab. You also agree that you will cooperate fully with your Sponsor Organization both during and after the term of your employment or other association with your Sponsor Organization so that your Sponsor Organization can secure its rights in your Submissions, including, without limitation, through the execution and delivery of any assignment, patent application, power of attorney or other document that your Sponsor Organization may think is necessary to secure, enforce, defend and maintain rights in your Submissions in all countries throughout the world. Your Sponsor Organization is and shall be entitled to use your Submissions for any commercial or other purposes whatsoever without notice or compensation to or approval from you or any other person. By participating in the Service, you acknowledge and agree that the rights granted to your Sponsor Organization include the right for your Sponsor Organization to make, have made, offer for sale, sell, copy, distribute, perform, transmit, display, modify, adapt, and otherwise use your Submission throughout the world, in perpetuity, in any manner that your Sponsor Organization sees fit, without notice or compensation to or approval from you.
B. By making any Submission, you represent that you have all requisite rights to, and are authorized to disclose, all of the information contained in the Submission (including without limitation permission from all persons appearing in a photograph to post that photograph on the Service). You agree that you are fully responsible for any Submission you make and for the legality, reliability, appropriateness, and originality thereof.
C. Innovation Lab will treat all Submissions as confidential and will only share your Submissions with its employees, contractors and other representatives, as well as other Participants, your Sponsor Organization and other Collaborating Organizations. However, you should never transmit or post any Submission through the Service that contains any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information owned by someone other than you. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that you shall treat all submissions to the Service made by other Participants as confidential information of the applicable Participant and you will not use, copy or disclose each applicable Participant’s submission without the express prior consent of the applicable Participant and the Collaborating Organization with which the applicable Participant is associated.
D. In order to make the Service efficient and valuable for all Participants, Innovation Lab reserves the right to restrict Submissions to those that are directly related to the specific subject matter and purpose of the Service. Innovation Lab may monitor Submissions to ensure that Participants adhere to these Community Guidelines and all applicable policies. Innovation Lab reserves the right to reject, refuse to post or remove any Submission or any portion thereof that it considers to violate these Community Guidelines, the law or any other policies, or for any other reason as determined in its sole discretion without prior notice to you. Innovation Lab shall also have the right to edit, revise or modify any Submissions as determined in its sole discretion. Innovation Lab may, but has no obligation to, reply to Submissions posted on the Service. As an employee of your Sponsor Organization, your actions on the Service remain subject to your Sponsor Organization’s applicable policies.
E. You also agree not to do any of the following when making a Submission or otherwise using the Service:
Post material that is a trade secret of your Sponsor Organization or that is your Sponsor Organization’s confidential information (E.g.: inventions, processes, sales or purchasing data, confidential internal communications etc.).
Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including trademark, copyright, privacy or publicity rights.
Post demeaning, unprofessional, salacious, obscene or derogatory content or links to same.
Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
Impersonate another person.
Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
Post any information or content that violates, or encourages any conduct that violates, laws or regulations or contains any information or content that is illegal.
Access, scrape, use or copy any portion of the Service or the Content through the use of bots, spiders, web crawlers, indexing agents, or other automated devices or mechanisms; bog down the Service by uploading or downloading an unreasonably large amount of material at one time; or bypass any technical protections, storage limits or throttling that we institute.
F. Innovation Lab takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Submissions that you or any other Participant posts or sends through the Service. You are solely responsible for your Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to submissions of other Participants that are inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise not suitable for you.
3. Management of the Service; User Misconduct. Innovation Lab may from time to time: (A) monitor or review the Service for violations of these Community Guidelines and for compliance with our policies; (B) report to law enforcement authorities and/or take legal action if Innovation Lab thinks a user has violated these Community Guidelines; (C) manage the Service in a manner designed to protect our and third parties’ rights and property or to make sure the Service functions properly, which may include removing Submissions that are potentially infringing, confidential or trade secrets; (D) attempt to verify the statements of you and other Participants make on the Service; (E) monitor disputes between you and other Participants or to terminate or block you and other Participants from using the Service for violations of these Community Guidelines, and/or (F) terminate your access to the Service if you breach any of these Community Guidelines. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE Community Guidelines, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY to you, terminate the Service FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL.
4. INNOVATION LAB’S PROPERTY
A. You acknowledge that, except for your Submissions and the submissions of other Participants, your Sponsor Organization or other Collaborating Organizations, the information, text, data, databases, graphics, images, photographs, audio and visual clips, logos, software, and other materials contained in the Service, and the compilation, collection, design, selection, and arrangement thereof on the Service (all of the foregoing, collectively, the “Content”), constitutes valuable proprietary information that belongs to Innovation Lab and its licensees and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other proprietary rights, laws, and treaties of the United States and other countries.
B. You agree that you acquire no ownership interest in the Service or the Content by accessing and using the Service or the Content. Innovation Lab grants you a limited, personal license to access and use the Service and the Content solely for non-commercial purposes, consistent with the reasonably inferable intended purposes of the Service and the Content. Any other access to or use of the Service or the Content constitutes a violation of these Community Guidelines. Other than as necessary and required to facilitate your personal, non-commercial use of the Service as provided above, you may not reproduce, perform, create derivative works from, republish, upload, post, mirror, archive, retransmit, or redistribute in any way whatsoever, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose any Content or any portion of the Service without the express, prior written permission of Innovation Lab. Use of the Content, or any portion thereof, on any other website or other networked computer environment is prohibited without the express, prior written permission of Innovation Lab. You agree not to remove or modify any copyright notice, trademark legend, author attribution, or other notice placed on or contained within any of the Content.
5. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to defend and indemnify Innovation Lab and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, against all claims, demands, suits, or other proceedings, and all resulting loss, damage, liability, cost, and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), made or brought by any third party due to or arising out of: (A) any Submissions that you make and any other content, data, or information that you submit, post to, or transmit through the Service; (B) your access to and use of the Content, the Service, and other materials, products, and services made available on or through the Service; (C) your violation or breach of any of the terms or conditions set forth in these Community Guidelines; or (D) your violation of any rights of any third party. Innovation Lab reserves and you grant to Innovation Lab the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you. All rights and duties of indemnification that are set forth herein shall survive termination of your use of the Service or these Community Guidelines.
6. Innovation Lab’s WARRANTY DISCLAIMERs
A. THE CONTENT provided through the Service, THE SERVER THAT MAKES the Service AVAILABLE, AND any SERVICES or PRODUCTS innovation lab PROVIDEs ON or through the Service, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. Innovation Lab EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR TECHNICAL FAILURES (INCLUDING HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE FAILURES), INCOMPLETE, SCRAMBLED OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL INACCURACIES, AS WELL AS UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OF USER TRANSMISSIONS BY THIRD PARTIES.
B. TO THE FULL EXTENT NOT PRECLUDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Innovation Lab, and its Subsidiaries, affiliates, SUPPLIERS, CONSULTANTS, DIRECTORS AND Employees DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ALL SERVICES, INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS CONTAINED on or provided through the Service, Whether EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. THIS DISCLAIMER INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Innovation Lab DOES NOT WARRANT that the CONTENT will BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT. Innovation Lab DOES NOT WARRANT THAT the Service WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT the Service OR THE SERVER that makes the service AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
C. The Service INCLUDES CONTENT PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES AND Submissions provided by YOU and other Participants. Innovation Lab IS A DISTRIBUTOR OF SUCH CONTENT AND NOT ITS PUBLISHER. Innovation Lab MAKES NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR RELIABILITY OF INFORMATION OR OFFERS SUPPLIED BY THIRD PARTIES AND PUBLISHED BY Innovation Lab. Innovation Lab DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY’S CONFORMANCE TO ANY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR POLICY.
D. Innovation Lab DOES NOT WARRANT THAT INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS provided through or CONTAINED on the Service WILL SATISFY YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEY ARE ERROR OR DEFECT-FREE. YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS AND LEGALITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU SUPPLY through the Service. The Service IS OPERATED IN THE STATE OF California, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND Innovation Lab MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT the Service or the CONTENT IS APPLICABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR USE IN OTHER LOCATIONS.
E. BY YOUR USE OF the Service, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH USE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, INCLUDING RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH the Service.
7. Limitation on Innovation Lab’s Liability. AS PARTIAL CONSIDERATION FOR YOUR ACCESS TO the Service AND USE OF ITS CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT INnovation Lab IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR DECISIONS YOU MAY MAKE OR YOUR ACTIONS OR NONACTIONS IN RELIANCE UPON THE CONTENT or the Service. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF Innovation Lab ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE AND ACCESS, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM (FOR EXAMPLE, CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, PROFESSIONAL MALPRACTICE, FRAUD, INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER BASES FOR CLAIMS), IS LIMITED TO one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00). Innovation Lab SHALL NOT IN ANY CASE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES EVEN IF Innovation Lab HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH the SERVICE OR ITS CONTENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING the Service. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SUCH LIMITATION MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO YOU.
8. Infringement and Other Bad Acts.Innovation Lab is strongly committed to respecting intellectual property rights and other rights. If you think any Submissions or Content on the Service infringe your rights or the rights of a third party, please email us at email@example.com. Innovation Lab may, in its sole discretion, limit, suspend, or terminate the Service and user accounts, prohibit access to the Service, delay or remove Content or Submissions, and take technical and legal steps to keep users from using the Service, if we think that they are creating problems or possible legal liabilities, infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies (for example, and without limitation, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or harassing our employees or other users).
9. Updates to the Community Guidelines. We may modify these Community Guidelines from time to time. You will be required to affirmatively accept the new Community Guidelines the first time you visit the Service and log in to your user account after the new Community Guidelines take effect. If you do not agree with the proposed changes, you should discontinue your use of the Service. If you continue using the Service after the new terms take effect, you will be bound by the modified Community Guidelines.
10. Contact Us. For any questions or concerns about these Community Guidelines or the Service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.